Throughout the year, we have requests from teachers, staff, and/or the community. Please check this page on a regular basis to see what needs you can meet! Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
Library Books & Resources
The librarian will provide the Castor Valley community with a list of books the library would love to receive. I will add the titles here as well as include them on blog posts as I receive the lists. If you would like to purchase a title to donate to the school, feel free to email at email@example.com us so we can update the selection to avoid duplications.
Donators will have their name written on a paper bookplate on the inside cover of the book. As well, they will be thanked on our website. Thank you so much!!!
- La revanche des Loups by Sigmund Brouver – $ 7.00 – have others in series in English only; Hockey
- Chrysanthème (en francais) by Kevin Henkes – 2 copies repeatedly requested by Teachers
- Dr. Critchlore’s School for Minions, Book 1 by Sheila Grau – 9871419713705 – $16.00
- Dr. Critchlore’s School for Minions, Book 2: Gorilla Tactics by Sheila Grau – 9781419713712 $ 16.00
- Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer by Kelly Jones – 978038575559 $ 16.00
- Zoo Looking by Mem Fox 9781572550117 $ 18.00 –to replace much loved but damaged/discarded book
- Upside Down Magic 3: Showing Off by Sarah Mlynowski $ 8.00 – have book 1 in series; extremely popular author.
- The King’s Taster by Kenneth Oppel $ 20.00
- Demi-Frere by Kenneth Oppel $ 20.00
- Le Prodigieux by Kenneth Oppel $ 25.00
- Half-Brother by Kenneth Oppel – $ 13.00
- An Incredible Case of Dinosaurs by Kenneth Oppel $ 7.00 – have rest in series
- Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel $ 13.00
- Les livres des sports (en francais)
- Guinness World Book of Records 2017 (in English & French) – extremely popular, do not stay on bookshelves; 2 copies of each needed; were available at Costco.
Looking for Parents or Grandparents to Read with Students beginning in January.
There is a need for additional volunteers to come in to the school during the day to read with students. We are especially in need of volunteers who are able to read in French, but English-only readers are also welcome. The commitment can be as little as once a month to as much as daily. You choose what fits for you!
If you are interested in volunteering to read with students, please contact Jen Danby McDonald, our Volunteer Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org
Extended Day Program
The Extended Day Program (EDP) is looking for materials. If you have any of the following items that you are willing to donate, please leave them at the school office:
-toilet paper rolls
-feathers; googlie eyes; string
-craft supplies (beads, sequins, glitter, markers, etc.)
-new board games
-plastic disposable cups
-deck of cards
Thank you so much!
Pop Tabs – CVES collects pop tabs! The tabs are recycled for cash and the proceeds sent to Ontario March of Dimes to provide a wheel chair for someone in need. Please send your tabs in with your child.
Milk Bag Project – Please send in your milk bags (the printed bag in which three individual bags are contained). These bags are used to make mats used in developing countries. Milk Bag Preparation: Make sure to rinse and thoroughly dry the outer, printed bags before folding them and remove any bag clips. This helps to reduce mildew growing on any stray drops of milk. A collection box is in the school foyer.