Parents are invited to attend a special parent information session with guest speaker Jennifer Laale, founder of *Be Your Best*, on the evening of Thursday, February 19th from 7pm until 9pm. CVES Council has been working with Jennifer on our *Courage to Communicate* initiative and we are very pleased to welcome her back to share her enthusiasm and communication skills with our parents! She will be explaining the Communication Circle that is being used in the school to facilitate student-to-student and student-to-teacher communication. Come and learn more about this useful tool and how it can also be used to improve communication at home! All parents and teachers are welcome to attend. Childcare will be provided. To register, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating the number of attendees and names and ages of children requiring childcare. If you have any questions, please contact Jen Danby McDonald at email@example.com. ***** In order to make this event available to everyone, we are in need of two adults and a handful of intermediate students to volunteer to help with childcare that evening. If you or your child is able to help out, please email Jen.
Many parents have asked about the Entertainment Books, so we are bringing them back, but with a new twist!
We are trying something new this year!!! Instead of selling the Entertainment books, we have decided to sell the Mobile App version of the Entertainment book.
Why? For several reasons:
- Costco also sells the Entertainment books, at a lower cost, at the end of the fall season.
- The Mobile App is only $20 and is much more convenient.
- People tend to forget the Entertainment book at home, but very rarely do we leave our phones behind.
- It’s quick, it’s easy, and it’s worth it.
- There are many offers included with the App that are not in the book.
- Not only does the Mobile App include deals available within the Ottawa area, it also includes online and mobile content in all locations where the Entertainment book and app is sold (100+ North American Cities)
Click here for complete details.
For a list of all available deals, please feel free to check out the Entertainment website: www.Entertainment.com
As always, participation in this fundraiser is completely voluntary
Money raised will go towards 2014/2015 Council initiatives.
As the 2014 – 2015 school year gets under way we continue to work on our School Council website and encourage you to get involved! Explore the site and let us know how we can improve.
Check back often for more information. Please note that our first School Council meeting is scheduled for September 18th. These meetings are always open and parents are welcome to attend, whether you are a council member or not.